The information, content and images on
these pages are purely in fun
and are in no way meant to cause anyone harm, grief or despair.
If you are sensitive and lack a sense of humor,
please, don't go any further.
Some places, names, and events are fictional
and any resemblance, likeness,
or similarity to any person living or dead
is purely coincidental.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

While My Guitar Gently Weeps...

I was out for a drink in a Soho bar
The air was smoked out liked a cheap cigar
She rose out of her seat like a painted ghost
She was the woman that I wanted the most
As she reached for my arm I gave her my hand
I said 'Lay me down easy let me understand'
Let me sign, let sign, can't fight the devil so just let me sign.

I was out driving today.

Doing the things that I do.

And, of course...

I was listening to track 10.

You know what I am talking about...don't you?

I listen to track 10 extremely loud.

Because I want to hear every strum of the guitar...

His every word...

that he sings with that voice...

that voice that just fills me up.

it touches every part of me.

But his guitar...

the way his fingers hit the strings

the way they can make me feel...

So much emotion in his guitar playing.

So much of himself.

One of the reasons I love his music so much

is how intimate it is.

How I can actually feel close to him...

when he is sharing his song...

And Van Morrison's

"I'll be your lover, too"

Hands down my favorite song that Rob sings.

God.

What is it about his voice...

that it just burrows deep into my soul...

twisting and turning

painful, yet glorious.

Derry down green
Color of my dream
A dream that's daily coming true.
And ohhh when the day is through
I will come to you and tell you of
Your many charms

It's best to listen to

Rob sing with headphones on...

Where you can catch his breath

and hear him laugh quietly...

Feel the anguish

The despair...The passion.

Feel the music.

I ain't got no fight in me
In this whole damn world
So hold off
She should hold off
It's the one thing that I've known

Once I put my coat on
I coming out in this all wrong
She standing outside holding me
Saying oh please
I'm in love


I'm in love

Bye For Now



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So well said, Rose. His music shoots straight to the insides.

oh please,
I'm in love
I'm in love

The way he sings those lines is literally painful. In good way.

Thanks for this reminder. I'm off to listen to track10.

Tess said...

So beautiful Rose.. Listening to his music makes me miss and ache for what I don't have.

My word verifcation tedis; which leads me the word tedious.. are my comments getting tedious?